Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Touch Up

When my sister Marie was visiting a couple of weeks ago we both wanted to get out because we had been sick for several days straight. We decided to go and look at my Hobby Lobby and enjoy all the beautiful house decorations and see if there were any sales.
It was refreshing to get out of the house and enjoy Hobby Lobby together lol :) 


  While we were there I found a real pretty material that was on sale, Marie and I thought hard on what we could use it for. We both remembered my nice hope chest that I got from my parents when I was a teenager. Its packed with fondness and memories. But the material on top doesn't quite go with anything in my home and also has a little hole that has been driving me crazy :) 


All this to say, Marie and I raced home and recovered my lovely hope chest :) I also used the left over material to cover a small little chair that has a cloth covering over the seat. Which I forgot to take a picture of! :P





~Out with the old and on with the new!



~We unscrewed the seat



~Then covered the seat with my new material and stapled it in place



~Made sure the material was tightly stapled 



~ And screwed the seat cover back on





This was so fast and easy. We spent most of our time unscrewing and screwing!

:)

9 comments:

New Mom said...

Looks so pretty Elizabeth!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Himilce!! :P

Pam said...

What a beautiful job you did. I just love the material and It looks so good on the hope chest. The chest looks much better. You need to post what you did with the chair, even if you didn't get pictures previously; it would still be fun to see it.
I love you so much sweetie,
Mom

Erin Kim said...

great creation! you are so innovative. :)

Elizabeth said...

Mom, I know I should post the chair as well! I am just too lazy to go and take another picture :P

Erin, thank you! :)

Kate Van said...

so much better!

Elizabeth said...

I agree Katy! ;)

Meredith Ivy said...

This is so inspiring! I have been looking at furniture in thrift stores (inexpensive, quality things to store here on the farm until Stephen and I move back to the U.S. after England) and this post makes me think of all the ways I could "redo" used-looking furniture I may find. Thank you for sharing, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad Meredith! :)

I am still so thrilled that you are going to be living in England!!! What an experience! I hope you will make sure you take all your blog friends along by posting ALL the time! :)