Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cravings


Growing up I always had heard of pregnant women and their cravings. It was fun hearing about other women's experiences. But now that I am through most of this pregnancy I have found that I rarely craved certain foods. I have been hungry! I don't think chocolate counts since I craved that way before I was pregnant :P I have been asked a couple of times if I have had any cravings for certain or funny foods. And I have to say its just been more of a particular food that I have always liked. I have a love for cereals, I could eat that 24/7. But this morning I was *craving* my dad's homemade biscuits. Its his grandmother's recipe. They are the lightest flakiest biscuits I have ever had. We would eat them with butter and molasses. So I think I can officially say that this morning I woke up with a *craving* for my dad's biscuits. I only wish I could have indulged! :) Now I want to know if any of you mom's had particular cravings! Please tell!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He's biscuits are delightous, no wonder you carve them! When I was prego I craved donuts, plain baked donuts. I broke a year of being gluten free to indulge this craving and I have been fighting to get off gluten ever since =(

Unknown said...

Also hard candy, which is funny because I don't like hard candy really.

Anonymous said...

It's funny I wish I had taken advantage of the middle of the night cravings more, Damian said he was really looking forward to those wierd middle of the night things lol!! I was mostly just hungry ALL the time with Xander, not as much with Madison, which is funny because I was not only pregnant but nursing Xander still too!! I was bad now and then and have Damian stop off for soda and candy after work sometimes!! I also loved citrus.. sometimes went to the store just to buy a bunch of anything citru :) Ever heard of Pica? It's a craving of non food items such as soap during pregnancy.... yikes, talk about a nutritional deficiency going on there :0

Elizabeth said...

~Yes Holly they are delicious! I don't blame you about breaking your gluten free diet!!!

~Sharon, how interesting that you craved citrus!

Mamajil said...

with my last pregnancy I ate broccoli with a peanut butter thai sauce with tons of cayenne...my kids thought it was so nasty but it was so tasty "to me"

Elizabeth said...

Mamajil, it sounded good up until the cayenne sauce! :) With such a lovely quiver full that you have, I can imagine all the different cravings! :)