Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summerhills


Finished Summerhills =( 
Don't know what to read now! Does anyone ever feel this way? You have just finished one of the best books ever written and it is hard to move on and read something else? Its almost the same feeling you get after Christmas or a wedding. I just love the simplicity and the era of this authors books. Especially these last two I just finished. The first one is called Amberwell and then the second is Summerhills. If anyone needs a comforting and interesting book you would love these! The author is D.E. Stevenson and most of her books take place in England or Scotland during the 30's, 40's and 50's. She usually stages her stories before and after world war two. 

I envy all of you if you haven't read it yet!!!!!!

:)

8 comments:

Marie said...

I can't believe you finish this book already! I just gave it to you yesterday!! Oh I'm sorry you are finished. It was a good book huh? :( What one did you like best? Amberwell or Summerhills?

Anonymous said...

It's almost sweet sorrow when you finish a great book. And it's so hard to read another when it doesn't compare.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Elizabeth said...

Your both so sweet, you understand :)

Marie, I can't decide which one I like better, they both are soooo good! :) Thanks for letting me barrow them and recommending them to me :)

Davene said...

I just tried to leave a comment, but I think the computer ate it. :)

I was saying that I'd never read anything by that author, but I'll keep an eye out for those books.

I was also mentioning the author Bess Streeter Aldrich. Have you read anything by her? One of my favorites by her is A Lantern in Her Hand...copyright 1928. I love that old fiction!

Marie said...

That book sounds good Davene!! I'll have to look up the author!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Davene! I read that book when I was in school! It was very good. I cried through the whole thing! :)

Marie said...

Oh I know that book Davene! I'm such a blond! That book made me cry all the way through also! Elizabeth reminded me! I think I will reread it!

Davene said...

You're so funny. :)

I'm glad you've read it and liked it, too! Kindred spirit... :)