Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Healthy Habits....


After finding out that my iron was so low at my last visit with my Midwife Patty, I have been trying to be very conscious of what I am eating for the baby. I have already mentioned that I have been eating lots of molasses, but I can't eat molasses and biscuits all day! I have switched it up a bit and instead of biscuits (I don't want to gain too much weight ;) I have been POURING my Molasses into a bowl of oatmeal. Its very tasty! :) I thought I would type out a lot of the things I need to be implementing into my diet. So here goes.............

I found this wonderful list from my friend Sharon's blog and it was so helpful, that I wanted to share!
Dark green vegetables, prunes, grape juice, apples, apricots, asparagus, bananas, broccoli, egg yolks, kelp, okra, purple grapes, black strap molasses and Brewer's yeast.
I have established a pretty steady routine now, certain vitamins in the morning with several eggs and a nice bowl of oatmeal and molasses. Throughout the day fruit with peanut butter and raisins. Nuts (I need to buy more) salads in the evenings and some other form of protein. At night a glass of Amish milk that we just bought :) with some more vitamins. And of course water and tea throughout the day, with a teaspoon of Virgin Coconut Oil in my hot tea.

Now If I can just keep to this, the baby and I will be on a straight road again! :)

5 comments:

Bob Westbrook said...

On rare occasions I explore blogs using the "next blog" link at the top. Thus I discovered yours. There is a purity in your spirit that refreshes, and in the love you have for your husband. My prayers and best wishes go out for you and the life you hold. We're from Ohio, though in Texas now, and love the picture showing fall colors. Be blessed.

Elizabeth said...

Bob I left you a comment on your page. Thank you for your kindness :)

Davene said...

My favorite source for iron during my pregnancies was chocolate-covered raisins. I see that didn't make Sharon's list though. :)

Elizabeth said...

Ha Davene! That is so funny, I have been craving chocolate-covered raisins! They are so delightful and chewy ;)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a wonderful routine. I wasn't near that disaplaind in my eating during pergnancy. ;)