Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Books and Benjamin......


The blessedness of a good book! Since Benjamin has been away I have a lot more time to read! I had several books that I had started but never finished and I finally did! I also read a couple at my mom and dad's house. And then I reread a new favorite. I read it a long time ago. Bel Lamington is the title, the author is D.E. Stevenson. I have mentioned her before. She has to be my very favorite author. Most of her books take place prior to WWII and some during. Usually in London or all around England and Scotland. D.E. Stevenson is the girl version of Charles Dickens. She has a great talent of portraying characters and real life situations. :) I have also been reading a book about my Pastor's wife, Marja Barnett. Very encouraging book to read. She was born in Finland and then because of circumstances with the war was placed into an orphanage in Sweden. Adopted by a kind family and then in her twenties moved to the United States where she was saved and met and married her husband Pastor Tommy Barnett. Her book talks about the difficulties of marriage being a brand new Christian and married to a pastor and learning a new language. I am enjoying it and excited to tell Benjamin about it!

Benjamin is doing really well. He was promoted already! So proud of him! I new he was made for this! :) I was able to talk to him yesterday for about 45 min! He earned the phone call by running the fastest in one of their tests :P We have been corresponding mainly through the mail. It has been very difficult getting used to not talking to him and having to communicate through pen and paper! Something very satisfying though about writing for an hour and being able to express myself to him. I think he is enjoying it! Its funny even though we were with each other constantly before, how much we weren't able to communicate because of the craziness of our schedules. So this experience has been enriching and we have enjoyed it. :) I love receiving a letter from him and tying to capture and picture what he has been doing. I get to see him in a little less then two weeks! Then he will be off to Pensacola for Avionics School. I will be sure to post a picture! :)

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Elizabeth, please let me know when Benjamin arrives for avionics school. How long will he be here? I take it you are not joining him? Luke is currently in flight training down here, as you know, and we would love to meet him and have him over for a meal!

Elizabeth said...

Lizzy, so sweet of you to have Benjamin over for dinner once he arrives! I can't stand it though! I want to be there too! :P We are not sure yet whether I will be able to join him in Pensacola. I will sure be visiting though! He heads down there on the 28th. I have already told him about you guys, and how your Luke is in flight training, :) if we end up being stationed there, I hope you guys will stay stationed there for a while!
:)

Holly Trujillo said...

That is so neat about being able to communicate in a new way through writting!