Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Beautiful Friday



Today it is so beautiful out. Nice and cloudy with the birds chirping. We had a great and fast week. I went to Benjamin's DEP meeting last night at the NAVY office and had a lot of fun watching and learning. It was only supposed to be an hour or so, but it turned into six! My plans went out the window when I realized I had to stay for the whole meeting! It was a lot of fun though. We had to sign some papers, since Benjamin is only sixty days out now and I needed to come along and sign too! Its getting exciting for both of us. I will have to endure the long months him being away, but the whole adventure of it thrills me! And I love to see Benjamin's eyes glowing with excitement about it all.

In other news, I will be making a girls wedding cake the end of this month. Well, she is not having a traditional wedding cake, but a cup cake tower. Her colors are green, black and silver. Fortunately for me she is not too particular! She sent me some pictures that she liked and I was very thankful that it wasn't something extremely difficult. The only thing that concerns me is that it has already began to get really warm here in Arizona and I will need to learn the techniques of keeping the frosting from melting!

I posted a picture of Benjamin and I on our late anniversary trip this year and also a picture of our cat Bay, who I find sleeping in positions like this quite often! :)
I hope everyone has a fun and great weekend!

God bless ~Elizabeth

1 comment:

Meredith Ivy said...

I love "life update" posts. :)

I can't wait to see how the wedding cupcake tower turns out!

Will you and Benjamin find out where you will be living once he's officially in the navy in 60 days?

Hope you are having a lovely week!