We are going over to my brother's house tonight and everyone is bringing a snack, so I made this recipe, I was going to bring pita bread, but I couldn't find it at the store, I even went to Whole Foods and they didn't have any. So I will have to make do with french bread or crackers. Its very different, but I love feta cheese. Hopefully everyone will like it as well =)
- 12 green onions, green part only, grilled and chopped, plus additional thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grilling pitas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pocketless pitas
Place grilled green onions, oil, lemon juice, and zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the feta and garlic and process until combined and smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and garnish with the additional sliced green onions.
Heat grill to high. Brush the pitas with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 1 minute per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and cut each pita into eighths. Serve with the feta dip.