Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lemon Feta Cheese Green Onion Dip


We are going over to my brother's house tonight and everyone is bringing a snack, so I made this recipe, I was going to bring pita bread, but I couldn't find it at the store, I even went to Whole Foods and they didn't have any. So I will have to make do with french bread or crackers. Its very different, but I love feta cheese. Hopefully everyone will like it as well =)

This is Bobby Flay's Recipe. (I love him :)

Ingredients

  • 12 green onions, green part only, grilled and chopped, plus additional thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grilling pitas
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
  • 8 pocketless pitas

  • Directions

    Place grilled green onions, oil, lemon juice, and zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the feta and garlic and process until combined and smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and garnish with the additional sliced green onions.

    Heat grill to high. Brush the pitas with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 1 minute per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and cut each pita into eighths. Serve with the feta dip.






4 comments:

Jonathan said...

omg! That looks ultra sick! mmmmmmmmm cant wait! =)

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds very good. Let us know how everyone liked it.

Marie said...

That was so good the other night Elizabeth! Where did you get the recipe?

Mamajil said...

very yummy!!! I am gonna try this recipe!! I've been trying to keep dips in the refrig. for the kids to have as snacks....this week we made hummus and also spinach dip....the kids eat it with celery, or bread or crackers....or pita...(I have to make more pita today its really easy..and the kids eat it up!)thanks for sharing your recipe!!